• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How It's Made: Revant Elite HC3®

I think what you want is OO Red iridium polar. It's an awesome shade.
I like the look of that a lot, isn't it a more transparent type lens? I mean, can they see your eyes through the lens?

I had a couple pairs of 00 + red iridium polars, I like those very much on overcast days and while driving but they aren't good for bright sunlight.

Last edited:
I like the look of that a lot, isn't it a more transparent type lens? I mean, can they see your eyes through the lens?

I had a couple pairs of 00 + red iridium polars, I like those very much on overcast days and while driving but they aren't good for bright sunlight.

Yes,very much transparent. Def best in low light and overcast conditions. I like them, but it's usually pretty bright here in TX, so not a lot of face time.

There's no such thing as OO + red.

Either it's OO red, which has a G40 base tint (kinda rosy).

Or it's + red, which has a grey base tint.

They both have the same red/purple iridium which, like Ruby, can be very inconsistent.

The reddest red OEM lenses we're seeing right now have been cut from baseball outfield prizm.

There's no such thing as OO + red.

Either it's OO red, which has a G40 base tint (kinda rosy).

Or it's + red, which has a grey base tint.

They both have the same red/purple iridium which, like Ruby, can be very inconsistent.

The reddest red OEM lenses we're seeing right now have been cut from baseball outfield prizm.

Missed that +Red. I think he meant OO RIP.
Whoops! You are both correct! I actually just had this lens cut by xmetalmaniac for a pair of polished Pennys. Silly me to make that mistake! I like the 00 RIP, but again, not great for bright light. Because it looks so sweet I had saved a set for flak jacket xlj to be custom cut. Will post pics when I get them back from xmetalmaniac! If you watched him cut them on periscope it was awesome! Too bad that perfect finished edge is hidden in a frame :)

Latest Posts

Back