1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Leathaface

Leathaface Oakley Beginner

I'm looking to purchase this model so I'm trying to read about it's pros and cons before doing so. I've learned that at some point, the earsocks get loose. This would be my everyday sunglasses if I go ahead with this model and I'm worried about this.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bhrea3

bhrea3 Oakley Enthusiast

I have 2 pair and have not had any issues with them. They seem very secure compared to my flaks etc. I wouldn't worry .

3. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Depends on how much you sweat or much oils accumulate from your head really.

For my pairs it's usually 4-5 months, washing weekly.

4. Leathaface

@bhrea3 do you wear them regularly?

@Ventruck when they do start to slide off, is replacing the earsocks your only option?

5. bhrea3

bhrea3 Oakley Enthusiast

6. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Each to their own. A pair can still stay on the face when the earsocks are loose. Today I even went without earsocks on my Jawbone (but that fits tighter than a Jupiter in general) to get them replaced. iirc, the Jupiter Squared is smaller than the Holbrook. Consider the latter is a best seller that doesn't have rubber to begin with, and people can still rock them. But I mean ideally, yeah you want to replace earsocks when you can. Totally makes a difference against sweat and oil.

7. Leathaface

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks guys.