• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Long Would You Give A Seller To Respond?

oakleybezerk

Unicorn Chaser
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Rainbow Nation
I negotiated on an item on eBay, agreed on an amicable selling price (not talking small change), received an invoice, paid said invoice and then nothing... no comms, no tracking number, no nothing!

It's been a week now and I've sent several requests for a response.

How long would you give a seller before taking this matter to PayPal resolution?

I am in the same boat with a item. It has been 9 days with 2 messages and nothing. I am going to give them till Wednesday which will be 12 days before I contact ebay/paypal.

In your case, I would open up a case now.
A week is more then a reasonable enough time to expect a reply ...
Gave the seller the benefit of the doubt as I understand that certain circumstances may arise in peoples day to day lives, but there's no excuse as to not being able to send a one liner with some form of excuse be it whatever (unless of course the person has ceased to exist).
I appreciate the responses so far and will promptly file a case against the seller.
Thanks Guys.

Hmm. I'd email one more saying you need a response within 24 hours to prevent a paypal claim, which is not proceeding you want to start. Willing to share what glasses are in question? Or at least the frame style - frogs, xmetals, pitboss, elite...?

i would let him know, that you will open a case, if he don't get in contact with you in the next 24h!

Hmm. I'd email one more saying you need a response within 24 hours to prevent a paypal claim, which is not proceeding you want to start. Willing to share what glasses are in question? Or at least the frame style - frogs, xmetals, pitboss, elite...?
It was a pair of frogs
i would let him know, that you will open a case, if he don't get in contact with you in the next 24h!
Sent that "threatening" message on Tuesday already giving him until today to give me an answer and another one today.

Back