• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Have A Style Switch & What Colourway. What Do You Think Of Them?

headpatrolman

Smile you son of a bitch
New Jersey, USA
I just got a Style Switch ( Polished Clear / Violet Iridium / Blk. Iridium ). I have to say I am pretty impressed with them. For me the fit is really good. I have a medium head and flaks, monster pups, gascans, etc. fit me best. These fit really well, feel secure and wrap well. Overall similar to a fuel cell, but I feel they warp slightly more. One thing for sure, the nose piece is slightly wider than that of a feul cell and for me that makes for a much better fit.

The only draw back I can see is that the switch lock feels flimsy compared to a jawbone or split jacket. I think its due to the lack of the metal through bolt. These only have a plastic pivot hinge. I can see problems for those who are not gentle with their glasses.

SS owners, let the forum know what you think of them. Give reviews ( the good, the bad and if you must the ugly)

[quote="headpatrolman

The only draw back I can see is that the switch lock feels flimsy compared to a jawbone or split jacket.
Absolutely it matters to me, Its not oakley anymore, Il buy oakleys made in china when they are around $30 USD

It isn't just the switchlock. The entire frame feels flimsy...at least to me. I was really excited for these, but lost interest once I got to check them out in person. I was worried about the longevity of the switchlock too. Plus, the "made in China" bit was the last nail in the coffin.

it's a shame they don't feel very solid. I tried these on at SGH and found them to be the best fit for my face. Similar to Fuel Cell in size and shape. Other than the build quality i also don't enjoy the frame to lens color combinations available (especially in the polarized section). If these were made in USA and available in the custom section it would be great.

Back