• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Have A Style Switch & What Colourway. What Do You Think Of Them?

I have very close ties to the process. I'm tired of seeing inaccurate information being posted. I think some people might be confusing Twoface with Styleswitch. Twoface is made in China. Styleswitch in made in the USA. Both are of the same high quality as any Oakley product.

I'm with him.

Almost every model is made in China now, where it's made has no affect on the style. Instead blame the designers for making a flimsy frame.
Well, yeah it does matter actually. If prices continue to increase as they are and have shown as of recently, then it matters quite a bit. Take Pit Boss 2 for example: Made in China, less material (titanium specifically), no elite status, but maintains an elite price? TwoFace flimsy as all can be, springier O Matter material, and overall much much cheaper to produce overseas. Sure it matters. For some who just want a stylish pair of shades, hey more power to em...For those who have been proud to have something Made in the USA right here in So Cal by a proud and accomplished company that stood for something, I would say emphatically yes, yes it matters.

omatter is made in the USA!!!!
And no, no it's not. You can pretty much figure the ones that will remain to be made here and are made here are the ones designated for OakleySI due to some sort of agreement/or requirement that to be sold to the military, it has to be domestic made product (or at least that is what someone inside I have known for several years explained to me), the rest is slowly but surely being produced elsewhere.

Pit Boss II is made in the USA as well. The frame is molded in Southern California. The lenses are molded and cut in SoCal as well. The titanium plates are made in china. The assembly of the finished good is also SoCal. dr. Chop, if you care about made in the USA, what kind of care do you drive?

Well, yeah it does matter actually. If prices continue to increase as they are and have shown as of recently, then it matters quite a bit. Take Pit Boss 2 for example: Made in China, less material (titanium specifically), no elite status, but maintains an elite price? TwoFace flimsy as all can be, springier O Matter material, and overall much much cheaper to produce overseas. Sure it matters. For some who just want a stylish pair of shades, hey more power to em...For those who have been proud to have something Made in the USA right here in So Cal by a proud and accomplished company that stood for something, I would say emphatically yes, yes it matters.

Amen, I agree 100 percent and im pretty sure this man knows what hes talking about ;) specifically in regards with how this matter material has changed from the core , inside to out.

Bad fishy, I have followed this site for awhile. Like I said before, there is a lot of bad information about where the product is produced. I just want to set it straight.

Back