• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Have A Style Switch & What Colourway. What Do You Think Of Them?

all good man, and I saw your angle. For sure. No offense here lol. But I still don't do whiskey ;) Rum, hell yes!

I have the clear polished frames with violet lenses- for what it's worth frames are not stamped made in USA like my oil rigs orSplit jackets. I'll check the box on them, they were purchased September last year.
As far as the glasses themselves.... Hate the hinges, hate the flimsy feel, and the fit is just not for me- too large for my face- but that's just me! Why I bought them eludes me lol.

I recently bought a pair of the Bob Burnquist Special Edition. They are actually marked made in US. I happened to notice a scratch on the frames when I got them home. I'm a bit OCD, so I decided to exchange them at the store. Lo and behold, every single pair I looked at had the same exact markings on the frame. Grabbed another colorway, same markings. I've also come across someone here mentioning another colorway with the same markings. Looks like they may have a problem with the mold. I sent an email to Oakley to let them know and basically all they said was "Thanks for letting us know." No offer at all to make it right, no apologies, no further inquiry. o_O

Here are some pics of what I'm talking about.

IMG_0589_zps6e59f80d.jpg

IMG_0593_zps3e1d6c03.jpg

Last edited:
In injection molding those are called flow lines. It has to do with the flow pattern of the resin as it fills the cavity of the mold. Sometimes there is nothing you can do to completely eliminate them. Style switch is still made in the US. Always has been from the first day!

In injection molding those are called flow lines. It has to do with the flow pattern of the resin as it fills the cavity of the mold. Sometimes there is nothing you can do to completely eliminate them. Style switch is still made in the US. Always has been from the first day!

So I went ahead and researched a bit about "flow lines" and these scratches do not seem to meet the description of said defect. Also, note I said defect. Everything that I read says that these are caused by improper injection molding and can be corrected. Thus, it still seems to be a relevant problem if that is indeed what they are.

Amen, I agree 100 percent and im pretty sure this man knows what hes talking about ;) specifically in regards with how this matter material has changed from the core , inside to out.

Me too, i totally agree with dr. chop. Quality-wise there is really a difference (admit it) and this matters especially if you are paying the same price and not getting what you are expecting on the product.

The Style Switch has NEVER been made in the US. It has been made in China since its introduction.

1. Lenses from China are flaking, peeling, and coming with way more blemishes than they ever have, ever. I have had more flake or peel in the last 4 months than I did in 7 years of cutting. And mind you, this is including Hydrophobic coated lenses that things shouldn't adhere to, let alone peel the iridium.
This is my observation having customized plenty so far, and having to get right down to it. The product is inferior to it's USA made counterpart.

Dr. Chop, I agree with your comments (especially re: guitars), but I was under the impression that all lenses are still made in the US? I haven't heard of Chinese made lenses yet.

The Style Switch has NEVER been made in the US. It has been made in China since its introduction.

Dr. Chop, I agree with your comments (especially re: guitars), but I was under the impression that all lenses are still made in the US? I haven't heard of Chinese made lenses yet.
most haven't. Start checking all the labeling on the replacement lenses, frames, etc. You will see the obvious. If it isn't RX or SI specific, it's Chinese

Latest Posts

Back