• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Oakleys Have You Lost?

I'm lucky enough to have not lost anything.
I do have some funny stories about getting into the car and reaching for one of my C-6 cases and opening them and finding an empty case. I usuallu almost have a heart attack but Lucky me I'm smart enough to realize quick enough that I left them on the kitchen counter.

I'm lucky enough to have not lost anything.
I do have some funny stories about getting into the car and reaching for one of my C-6 cases and opening them and finding an empty case. I usuallu almost have a heart attack but Lucky me I'm smart enough to realize quick enough that I left them on the kitchen counter.

Yeah, I'd imagine a palpitation or two would be in order after finding an empty C-6 box..Wow, can't imagine the look I'd have on my face.

I have lost a total of 4 pairs. My first pair I lost were my black Half Jackets that were given to me by a friend. I went to go use the restroom at the university I worked at by placing them on top of the towel dispencer and leaving. I was seriously only gone for 2 minutes when I realized what I had forgatten, went back, and they were gonzos. At least I didn't pay for 'em, but they still were Oakleys.

My second/third pair I lost were done seriously within a single week :mad:. I went out of town and within that week span, I just completely lost both my New Zeros and my Matte Black Oil Rigs. Luckily however, my friend mentioned to me, 4 months later, that he's been meaning to tell me that he's had my sunglasses, but kept forgetting to tell me. They were my Oil Rigs, and I was so happy that they weren't really lost. My New Zeros though, I am still confident that they are at my friends' pad out in Albuquerque. They are just a tad bit lazy to look around for them, but it's a big ****ing house they live in though, but I am hoping they will pop up sometime.

And finally, my Polished Black Gascans. I can say that I beat the living hell out this pairs fro the 4-5 years that I owned them for. I know exactly were these are and how I lost 'em. Though you may be asking, I I know where they are, why don't I go get them? Wellllllll, I work out at a military installation where I verify and layout new firing ranges for the soldiers, so I have to go out into the field and lay down the grids for the ranges. One day I was wearing them and I remember that I placed them hanging on my pocket for the time being so I could read the coords on our Trimble GPS unit. Well I continued on through the desert, forgetting that my glasses were hanging on my pocket and once I was back at my office, I realized about my glasses and knew that they had fallen and were somewhere out on that particular range. I had an idea in which part and was planning on going out there to go pick em up, but by the time that I went out there the following week, they had alread leveled the 400 meter arae for development. *sigh*. So they are somewhere underneath all that dirt, either burried or cruch by the earth-leveler.

I'm not sure if this consitutes as a "lost pair", but I ended up giving my Tortoise Dartboards to my girlfriend at the time, it was a mutual relationship end, when she moved out to Wisconsin. She loved wearing them as they did look better on her than they did me, so I let her wear them and hold on to them when we were together. When she moved, I told her to keep 'em as a gift. Yeah they were used, but I was a little on the poor side, and thought it was a nice gift. I hope though that she doesn't lose or break them, cause those were an expensive pair at the time. I am kinda looking for that pair to replace, but the pair that has the Oakley 'O' icon on the sides. I had the pair with the Oakley script, which made seem a little more feminine that they already did, but they were a cool pair non the less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knock on wood...so far I've only lost a couple of pairs. The first was my very first Frogskin (and first Oakley anything for that matter), which I bought during high school (late 80's)...honestly don't know what happened to them or where they may have been lost, lol. My second pair lost was just a few weeks ago...my spare set of Water Jackets...took them with me SUPing and lost them when I fell off my board, didn't even realize they were missing until almost at the end of our session...spent about 30-45mins trying to look for them on the reef, but the current and conditions were so bad that it was pointless.

Lost five pairs so far:

Original Fives - Stolen out of my room at university
New Straight Jacket - not lost but gifted to a friend who really loved them
Eyejacket 2.0 - stolen from my office
Halfjacket XLJ - Lost out of my golf bag (put them in my bag and they must have fallen off sometime during the round, took a cart and backtracked but no sign of them)
Livestrong Jawbones, stolen from my car.

Hopefully no more will be lost down the line!

I have lost one pair of a passed down monster dog. I took them off due to fogging up while riding my mountain bike. Fell from my pocket during the rest of the ride. I still look for them everytime I ride that trail and it has bee over a year.

I have lost one pair of a passed down monster dog. I took them off due to fogging up while riding my mountain bike. Fell from my pocket during the rest of the ride. I still look for them everytime I ride that trail and it has bee over a year.

Sad to year you lost them but at least Bigfoot is rocking some cool sunglasses now :rockon:

Back