• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Of The Men Here Rock The Violet Lenses?

foleyness

I should Work at Oakley
Dallas Texas
I was wearing my IH Fuel Cells today and someone asked me why I was wearing girls glasses. This struck me as odd because I've never considered purple to be a strictly feminine color.
Anyone else received flak for wearing purple shades?

While I never have worn purple lenses, I have been given a hard time for Fire. I have worn enough fire to burn a house down. I didn't sweat it, and neither should you! Purple is sweet in my opinion. Haters gunna hate.

Violet is my favorite after +red, I wear my troy lee love hate with violet and my echelon jawbones with violet, all the time. So far nobody has said anything to me. On the other hand I bought a pair of original white razor blades from a man on CL. As I was handing him the money he said,"you know those are women's glasses right?" I just shrugged and took them.

I just kind of laughed a little and went on about my business, I love the violet lenses. I'm about to pick up the polished black/violet eyepatch 2.
It's funny you should mention fire. I was at my local SGH and asked the clerk to see some holbrooks with either fire or ruby lenses and she told me that color was more for girls. I told her she must not want the sale...

The only time it hit home was, similarly, at the SGH here, my buddy was getting replacement Versaces since I stepped on his. I jokingly told him that no one would take him seriously with the new frames, and the chick clerk hit me with, "And you think people take you seriously with those" pointing at my M Frames. Shrugged it.

When Violet started to make its resurgence in the company the last few years I disliked it alot---something about the puple lens thing. But then I went ahead and gave them a try on my IH Juliet and WOW. Now amongst my favorite lenses, enough that I had a pair custom cut for my Romeo 1's and may add another set soon. Part of what makes it special is that its not PURPLE...its a lighter than that and has the unique character around the edges of the blue.

And if people want to stereotype a color-be my guest. Purple (though VIOLET is actually more composed of Blue than red, the primary component of true Purple) is the color of royalty as well as this-----so I think that it speaks for itself

399px-PurpleHeartCase.jpg

Attachments

• 399px-PurpleHeartCase.jpg
    399px-PurpleHeartCase.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 183

Latest Posts

Back