• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Of The Men Here Rock The Violet Lenses?

I tried on a pair of polished clear violet iridium frogskins at the oakley store once when I was with some friends and the second I put them on I got a resounding "No". That may still be the reason I have stayed away from the sold out jupiter even though I kind of like the look of it. Overall though I think the colors really just depend on the person, it works for some while others it doesn't.

Well said ucdavis.
I've only worn the IH a couple times but violet is fast becoming my favorite next to gold iridium.

It's funny, after owning gold and fire, and trying on violet in the store, these 3 are probably my least favorite lenses of everything I've owned or seriously considered buying. Yet they're some of the more popular options.

Sorry guys, purple is for king's robes and hazy acid trips, not for a man's eyes. Orange is sophomoric and violet gives off a fruity vibe; they're two lens hues I won't be seen wearing.

i stick more to the controst tints so violet, gold and vr28 will always get worn more than black, grey or emerald.

as far as the other side of the lens, violet and emerald are my favorite tints. i love the color shift throughout the lens.

Hahaha....you know what I've always asserted? Own the item, don't let the item own you. Accessories are that...an accessory, an add on or adjunct to the primary and the primary as the base should project through the accessory, coloring the perception of the accessory with the base.

Hahaha....you know what I've always asserted? Own the item, don't let the item own you. Accessories are that...an accessory, an add on or adjunct to the primary and the primary as the base should project through the accessory, coloring the perception of the accessory with the base.

You, sir, are awesome.

I don't refuse to wear violet because its feminine or "I'm not man enough to wear pink or purple" I refuse to wear it because I just don't like it. When I have worn it with my matte black frogs I have gotten compliments but I hated it on me. Now I just go back to the good ole matte black/fire. Fire and ruby are not feminine either...I wear them the most and I'd like to see someone say that to my face like they did to you guys. Or better yet say it to FearGear's face...hahaha. If you like it, wear it. I always remember, "They can all get fcuked just stay true to you."

I just kind of laughed a little and went on about my business, I love the violet lenses. I'm about to pick up the polished black/violet eyepatch 2.
It's funny you should mention fire. I was at my local SGH and asked the clerk to see some holbrooks with either fire or ruby lenses and she told me that color was more for girls. I told her she must not want the sale...

haha nice answer!

"They can all get fcuked just stay true to you."
I've been using this methodology for a few years now and I find I'm far more relaxed then when I gave a **** what people thought.

I highly recommend it.

Latest Posts

Back