• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Of The Men Here Rock The Violet Lenses?

You know I love and hate threads like this; because its funny but because its also aggravating that such myopic thought processes still exist in 2012. I have 3 advanced degrees, I work in an office, I probably spend 75% of the time my wife does getting ready to go out for an informal dinner (and she takes a good amount of time), I'm a fan of jazz and classical music and I wear Violet..and Fire...lenses in my Oakleys.

I also grew up on a ranch, can wield and axe like few people I know, used to race stock cars, can rebuild an engine, do all my own auto maintenance, can re-plumb my house and have every home improvement power tool imaginable and know how to use them, love country music and modern rock and I wear Ice, Titanium, Black and Emerald lenses in my Oakleys.

So....how you LOOK at a certain point in time and what you are actually made of or capable of means NOTHING. I consider it a matter of balance (and for me pride) that I can change my oil and rotate my tires in the morning, fit in a weight session at lunch, and then shower and go out for dinner wearing my Violet IH Juliets with nobody being any the wiser I was a grease covered mess 6 hours earlier. And here's a little secret? Women LOVE that. LOVE IT. Its the best of both worlds...its the "traditional real man" who gets dirty and fixes this and that, takes care of the laborious stuff.....but who cleans up and is also sophisticated and polished.

You have to just keep laughing, that type of mentality will never go away. It seems that some guys feel the need to show the world how much of a man they are with every action they take, the thought that someone might think they are soft sends them over the edge. I've run into a few people like this and it always cracks me up.

Jazz and classical music kick ass BTW.

i rock my Troy Lee Love & Hate with violet icons and lenses!!!

and they look AWESOME . . .

lovehatel.jpg

Back