• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Of You All Go Nosebombless?

Rezechs

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
I tried my new X Squareds today w/o the nosebombs just for the hell of it and they actually felt quite good, didn't slide around on my face even with sweat from the hot weather we have been having here, the weight of them felt more dispersed over using the small nosebombs mine came with.
Which leads me to a question, will the oils from my nose eventually wear off the finish of the frames around the nose? im assuming no but just curious.

I would hazard a guess to say it would depend on which frame finish you use? Eg whether its a coating or not. I may be wrong but I believe the Carbon colour is a coating as opposed to say the raw X-metal finish.

I tried my new X Squareds today w/o the nosebombs just for the hell of it and they actually felt quite good, didn't slide around on my face even with sweat from the hot weather we have been having here, the weight of them felt more dispersed over using the small nosebombs mine came with.
Which leads me to a question, will the oils from my nose eventually wear off the finish of the frames around the nose? im assuming no but just curious.

I tried POLISHED finish Juliet and it's fine if driving, but when walking it start to slip - maybe it is the finish ~ dunno [ have not tried other finishes] !

PS:
Btw on Juliet I had removed the ear socks [for cleaner look ] and did bend by hand the hammer ends ---> () that way is perfect fit all around with out the sticking out ends from behind - just to put on/off it is Up/down now [ saving the nose bridge that way ] n way so far with no ear socks, but with small size nose bombs they stay on great.....

Latest Posts

Back