1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. RexxCastle

RexxCastle Oakley Enthusiast

I am asking because i was thinking how cool it would be to do a matching Zippo lighter when I cerakote frames .

How Many Of You Use Zippos ? - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413994372.522378.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I got my first zippo back in '88 but I lost it sometime in the '90s. I then got this Harley one; it's had a lot of use in the last 15 - 20 years (don't remember exactly when I got it).

I polish it up now and then, due for one now. You can also tell it's been dropped quite a few times. That'd be my question with a cerkote - I know the stuff is tough as heck but surely it would chip or crack from a drop that's enough to dent the housing?

How Many Of You Use Zippos ? - 20141022_112115.jpg

3. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I have one of the Titanium limited edition Zippos. Solid titanium, shot blasted with aluminium oxide, it has something of an x-metalesque finish.

How Many Of You Use Zippos ? - zqUS3n.jpg

I don't really use it as such, I'm not a smoker - it's more something I wanted to have than something I needed :)

Batman_1939 likes this.
  4. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

I have several that I collect but don't use/carry.

5. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

I have about 6 or 7 that I have recieved from Marlboro years ago when I was clubbing alot. Never use then but would love to have someone Oakleyfy one of them and display it....Not a smoke rjust liked the free SWAG.