• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Pair Would You Say Requires A Case?

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Ok I am up to 16 pair. I know its not a lot but I have only been actually collecting for 6 weeks. So I am about to go to ikea and get me the dorf display. I am sure when I do and I invest 100.00 In it for lighting etc someone near me will list a single

I only had 11 pair when I bought a case.
But on the other hand there are people with 100+ that dont use cases.
Its really all about how you want to display your stuff.

You could have a single pair if you wanted and have one of those small cube cases to display it. All depends on your wants/needs.
Do you plan on eventually displaying them? If so then I'd say get the case now so you don't get overwhelmed later. If it's possible for you to hold out and look for a single wide rather than hit IKEA then try as I feel like you may be more happy with a real Oakley case.

I stored mine in a Tupperware container in the closet for many years before I sprung for a case and I wish I would have picked it up a long time ago. 16 pairs is a pretty good amount and I would for sure be on the hunt for a case. I agree with OakleyFrankFMJ. If you spring for the IKEA case now knowing that pretty soon you will be wanting to purchase an Oakley case, I would hold out until you can pick up an Oakley case. They are sold quite frequently on the forum and sometimes there are even good deals on eBay and Craig's List. If you bought the IKEA case now and decked it out with lighting, it would look nice for sure. But 4 months down the road you may want an Oakley case. What will you do with your IKEA case at that point? If you feel you have other stuff to display that would be great and you would have no worries. But if not, then you will be trying to sell it and will lose a little bit of money in the process more than likely. Just something to think about. Either way I'm sure you will be happy and I look forward to seeing pictures of your setup.

I had about 7 pairs when they started looking weird on the bookshelf. I got a case soon after... Basically, 0 pairs is enough to warrant a display case.

I too agree with owl. even if you have one or two holy grails, it takes it to the next level as far as displaying them in an oakley case goes. I would hold off on the ikea idea and straight for the real thing. at least that's what I did. I was lucky enough to pick up 2 cases at one transaction.

I wasn't even remotely close to case shopping with only 3 pair of radars, but saw one that I could work with and grabbed it. It's a counter top case so I'm not going to be able to cram 50 pairs in there when I get them.

...so I guess that means I'll need at least a double-wide soon....

damn.

Back