• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much Does A Box Make A Difference To Collectors? Ichiro Polished Slate

I think the black ear socks knocked the price down on that one as well
Agreed but what is to say that if there were green ones on it that they would have been serviceable? They were replaced presumably because they were not- I'm guessing because the nose and tshox are green.

Agreed but what is to say that if there were green ones on it that they would have been serviceable? They were replaced presumably because they were not- I'm guessing because the nose and tshox are green.

It's a tough call. I tried to sell one a few years ago the same way (black socks). In retrospect, I would have kept the green ones on even if they weren't serviceable. To give the buyer the option and just because complete looking pairs tend to be more attractive visually.

Also, the amount of times the seller has re-listed that pair is kind of alarming. 3-4 at least now.

Ichiros are one of those pairs where the box is really important, particularly for the green one if non-serialled.

Also, the amount of times the seller has re-listed that pair is kind of alarming. 3-4 at least now.
He's a good seller in my experience, I've bought from him 4 times and sold to him once. Maybe he had more than one pair? Bad luck?