• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much Does A Defect Affect The Value?

sunglassfiend

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
So I stumbled upon this pair of OTT's, and saw the price was pretty reasonable(relatively) for only 2 days left in the auction. Then I saw the pair has a "defect".

www.ebay.com/itm/New-Oakley-Sunglasses-Over-The-Top-Overthetop-FMJ-Fire-Iridium-04-060-/151065219452?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item232c30517c

I think its good this guy is honest, and the defect seems really tiny. But on such a collectible pair like this, how much does a defect affect the value? What do you guys think?

You could send them to Dr. Chop to get touched up and restore them to Like New. The box is nice. $350 should be on par with the going rate for regular OTT's without a box.

The defect is just a tiny black box, so it doesn't seem that bad. Still comes with everything else. I'm going to keep an eye out and see where they go.

The finish on the OTT's FMJ editions were never very smooth and clean to begin with. Ones I've handled regularly show production surface bumps and such. But I do agree that this seller is very upfront with disclosure even on little details, so should be highly trustworthy. Just to be clear, I don't know him or her.

Back