• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How much should I pay for Romeo 2.0

As a temporary fix which has been done by other members, you can trim an Ear Sock (preferably aftermarket or used) cross section, to make slim rubber o-rings which will do the trick.

Custom cut Oakley lenses can be done in a myriad of colors and can also be done polarized. They're difficult cuts and therefore are not cheap compared to custom cut Juliet lenses. Revant lenses are better than nothing but i personally won't price them into the valuation based on my personal experience with them. Be mindful lenses and rubbers can easily set you back at least 150.

Last but not least, check the lens screws. If they're stripped or near death, replacement screws are not cheap. I've had an R2 purchased without checking and the screws were missing. The seller glued the lenses into the frame. He also conveniently DIY tuned up the frame using glue. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

IMHO, Romeo 2 (and also the Half X) as of the moment is very risky to purchase compared to other X-Metals for the obvious reason of parts availability (rubber/ gaskets/ screws/ lens). Not much into half rims so I might just wait for what Linegear will offer in the future before I decide to go to the direction of completing all models of X-Metal or to completing only the full rim models of X-Metals.

IMHO, Romeo 2 (and also the Half X) as of the moment is very risky to purchase compared to other X-Metals for the obvious reason of parts availability (rubber/ gaskets/ screws/ lens). Not much into half rims so I might just wait for what Linegear will offer in the future before I decide to go to the direction of completing all models of X-Metal or to completing only the full rim models of X-Metals.

Half X OEM lenses are plentiful. I've a few spare BNIB sets that can be had for under 60. OEM rubbers are rare and aftermarkets aren't available. I do however offer custom rubber solutions for those as well. Given there's no T-shocks, the rubbers are cheaper than R2 custom rubbers. Having said that, Half-X have spring hinges and are a bane to the model - they fail easily and there's no affordable replacements. Not a big deal for a shelf whore or those who don't rely on spring hinges. Beware that half-x doesn't flex like R2 and are therefore unwearable for those with larger noggins.

Half X OEM lenses are plentiful. I've a few spare BNIB sets that can be had for under 60. OEM rubbers are rare and aftermarkets aren't available. I do however offer custom rubber solutions for those as well. Given there's no T-shocks, the rubbers are cheaper than R2 custom rubbers. Having said that, Half-X have spring hinges and are a bane to the model - they fail easily and there's no affordable replacements. Not a big deal for a shelf whore or those who don't rely on spring hinges. Beware that half-x doesn't flex like R2 and are therefore unwearable for those with larger noggins.

Exactly my point why I included Half X The R2 and HX are high maintenance pairs( and even more so compared to its already maintenance demanding full rimmed X-Metals brothers. To the likes of me not in US / Europe and a non shelf whore it will be a tough choice to buy or not to in the price the OP mentioned. It is true that lenses are possible via replacement, cut OEM or even OEM itself, but those rubbers and bolts that buyer should be very much concern of. @jdd32 what you are doing is a very great and clever service to those who owned the R2 and HX but I'm sure even you would agree that it should be much much easier/ simplier than what you are currently doing.

Exactly my point why I included Half X The R2 and HX are high maintenance pairs( and even more so compared to its already maintenance demanding full rimmed X-Metals brothers. To the likes of me not in US / Europe and a non shelf whore it will be a tough choice to buy or not to in the price the OP mentioned. It is true that lenses are possible via replacement, cut OEM or even OEM itself, but those rubbers and bolts that buyer should be very much concern of. @jdd32 what you are doing is a very great and clever service to those who owned the R2 and HX but I'm sure even you would agree that it should be much much easier/ simplier than what you are currently doing.

I agree and thus why R1 is still my favourite go-to frame. Zero maintenance and never had to worry about jammed pins or screws. R2 is a nice half rimmed frame but personally i prefer rimless over half rims.

WOW, I've always thought about picking up an R2 but now? Hmmmm. Not being an X Metal guy, I had no idea the potential issues with that model. I guess if one is going to buy a pair, get them BNIB.

Regarding the rubbers to retain the lenses, could you just melt rubber/wax then do a quick dab on the tip of the screw?

p.s. Yeah I know it's a ghetto fabulous mod.

Regarding the rubbers to retain the lenses, could you just melt rubber/wax then do a quick dab on the tip of the screw?

p.s. Yeah I know it's a ghetto fabulous mod.
No it sets in between lense and screw

Latest Posts

Back