• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How often do you wear X-Metals?

It depends; X-Metals can be a pain in the ass to wear when going in and out of buildings as they're not easy to take on and off. If I'm going to go out and be shopping or doing a lot of outside/inside I'll be less likely to wear a Juliet (the only X-Metal I kept in the collection when I executed the great purge in 2013). I actually don't think I wore an X-Metal for close to 8 months here recently as I was almost exclusively wearing my Pit Boss but I'm putting them into rotation more heavily again intermingled with a new pair of Carbon/Ice Wiretaps, one of the few newer designs actually worth my money and wear time.

R1 + Juliets are in rotation. Day's I'm not remote I switch around pairs 3x a day. But on days I'm stuck in office I grab a pair.

Ever since my badman arrived I cannot stop wearing it.
Yeah, I had to take a few 'Bad-breaks' myself and wear some of the X-Metals the past few days. I went a week mostly wearing a few different combos of Badman and the Madman (yea, I tried the Madman, custom lenses and all - then I gave up) - Now I have comeback down to my true love, taking a few of the X-Metals out for a spin :D

My beloved original pair I wore just about, if not, every day since buying them. Right up until loosing them. :( I specifically bought the Split Jackets to wear after a beach trip peeled up my prized 13-448 polarized lenses which I wear to hike, as well. I've been wearing a plasma/fire Juliet thanks to a very generous member here while I contemplating putting in one of my spare set of Ice. That experience has unleashed the lust for more X-metal, though, and would like to have a rotation going with an XX, polished Juliet, & plasma/ice Juliet with a modest display to showcase the others...

Yeah, I had to take a few 'Bad-breaks' myself and wear some of the X-Metals the past few days. I went a week mostly wearing a few different combos of Badman and the Madman (yea, I tried the Madman, custom lenses and all - then I gave up) - Now I have comeback down to my true love, taking a few of the X-Metals out for a spin :D
I did the exact same thing. I think I wore Badman/Madman 6 days in a row and then swapped back over to the XS, then Juliet, then XX, and then I threw some Tincan Carbons into the mix.

Since I got prizm road and prizm trail in radarlock, it's been hard to choose anything else for days with less than full sun conditions. I need to get some of those cut for Juliet.

Latest Posts

Back