• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Often Is It Black On Black On Black?

i use black frames for beaters- black half jaket and black radar for safety glasses and sports. of course if ive got a casual day and not gonna break a sweat, its a chrome crosshair, or an Xmetal of some permutation.

Black doesn't got out of date, but it wasn't always about what was popular or could be in style for Oakley. Thu had to make a name for themselves so they had to make the aggressive/unique designs so that they became popular. I do get dissapointed when I go online and their isn't as much color on sunglasses and even custom colors aren't there for long. Lots of designs are now discontinued.

I have a handful of black/black frames and most of them are square Os. Oakley's lifestyle collection have traditionally been more "conservative" or "fashion forward" styles for Oakley. Luxottica is probably the reason Oakley even has the square O line and why Medusa type designs hasn't been seen since. My active frames have more color not to say I don't have a few XX and radars in black. Some designs scream color, Plate, Scar, anything X-metal looks great in color. Loud bold frames deserve loud color. For those who have to dress more conservative at work, a Jawbone, Splice, or a Over The Top just seem silly in a suit and tie. If I'm in a suit I grab a black/black Twitch or some wire frame.

I think black is just an industry standard for shades. As others have stated its simple and goes with pretty much everything. My first pair was Jet Black/BIP for the reason it would be a universal pair.

Back