• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Old Is To Old?

This is a funny thread because I go through mixed emotion on whether or not I am too old to be collecting glasses on a weekly basis. I turned 39 this year and have been wearing oakley since I was 14 or 15. I know for sure I won't buy the plastic style glasses so I'm just an x-metal kind of person. I do have a few other than x-metals but it's mostly for collecting purposes, OTT and PB's. Some days I just want to keep my original pair of Juliets from 1999 and a pair of R1's and let everything else go and other days I can't stop starring into my display case.

I will never be too old to wear my Oakleys. I'll be wearing my X-metals until the day I die. Nothing compares to the badass look of an X-metal IMHO, other than PB's. I don't think they will ever go out of style either. And if they do, oh well I am keeping mine.

I doesn't matter how old someone is. Their eyes have to be protected as well. If you like it, wear it. The old may not be part of the Oakley demographic, but their money spends just as well as a teenager's. I saw an older guy trying on Batwolf at a SGH and it just worked. Not sure what he ultimately bought, though.

I'm 41 I think... ;) and don't think for a second that I'm too old. I had a pair of original Razor Blades since I was 16-17 but I ended up selling them on eBay (the horror) right around the time Oakley replaced my Gen 1 Juliet Plasma frame and I chose a polished frame in 2004. Almost 10 years later I still regret selling those and I think they would still look good on me!

Im 48 and ill wear em till im done in this world, lets see what theve got on the other side

lets see what theve got on the other side
Pennies... for when you cross the river :rolleyes:

That was so damn funny that I put a space in between. As Frank noted there is a how old thread but I'll play here too.
At 50 my OTT's may never see the light of day on my melon but Pennys often, Mars often, Romeos often, Medusa for poker nights.
I'm headed down to the pool at the Mandalay Bay where we just finished a trade show in my 24K Juliets with blue polarized.
If I pop up on the In The Wild thread that would be funny...
I'm not really sure what are has to do with it though. I'm not sure what age really has to do with much unless you allow the collective weight of time to crush your spirit.
I feel 25 and act 14- age appropriateness and Oakleys has more to do with spirit and how much gas you have left in the tank than measuring time I think.

Pennies... for when you cross the river :rolleyes:

That was so damn funny that I put a space in between. As Frank noted there is a how old thread but I'll play here too.
At 50 my OTT's may never see the light of day on my melon but Pennys often, Mars often, Romeos often, Medusa for poker nights.
I'm headed down to the pool at the Mandalay Bay where we just finished a trade show in my 24K Juliets with blue polarized.
If I pop up on the In The Wild thread that would be funny...
I'm not really sure what are has to do with it though. I'm not sure what age really has to do with much unless you allow the collective weight of time to crush your spirit.
I feel 25 and act 14- age appropriateness and Oakleys has more to do with spirit and how much gas you have left in the tank than measuring time I think.
+1

Back