• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Rare Is The JG Serialized X Metal Frame / Gold?

jaopae

Oakley Beginner
I do have a pair of JG X Metal/ Gold. Also 2 pairs of JG Polished / G30. The JG Gold serial number falls between those two G30s. According to O-review, the JG X Metals are early release. So, I'm a little confuse now. Any member here has JG Gold? Would like to see a pic of JG Gold label since I don't have the box.

JG's are hard to find. your earlier JG g30 might be a lens replacement? or if its close, the serials werent released/sold in order, rather batches so theres some overlap(im guess a few thousand digits overlap)

Well, those 3 serials are in the range from 1,1xx to 1,2xx. So, only a hundred digits overlap. I don't think they're lens replacement. The G30s have hammer stems while the gold has regular stem.

Out of interest.. my first pair were X-Metal w/ Gold Iridium and the serial was simply J######

It was purchased retail at SGH when they first came out.

Did you get the box at that time? Didn't know J serials come with Gold also.

Juliet - X Metal - Gold 04-112 with JG###### serial is a late 1990's issue and I know of two label types, the graphic, showing black label with horizontal glass image, and the text label. I need a serial matching, excellent/mint condition pair myself, so if anyone can help please make contact.

Back