1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jaopae

jaopae Oakley Beginner

I do have a pair of JG X Metal/ Gold. Also 2 pairs of JG Polished / G30. The JG Gold serial number falls between those two G30s. According to O-review, the JG X Metals are early release. So, I'm a little confuse now. Any member here has JG Gold? Would like to see a pic of JG Gold label since I don't have the box.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

JG's are hard to find. your earlier JG g30 might be a lens replacement? or if its close, the serials werent released/sold in order, rather batches so theres some overlap(im guess a few thousand digits overlap)

3. jaopae

jaopae Oakley Beginner

Well, those 3 serials are in the range from 1,1xx to 1,2xx. So, only a hundred digits overlap. I don't think they're lens replacement. The G30s have hammer stems while the gold has regular stem.

4. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

Out of interest.. my first pair were X-Metal w/ Gold Iridium and the serial was simply J######

It was purchased retail at SGH when they first came out.

5. jaopae

jaopae Oakley Beginner

Did you get the box at that time? Didn't know J serials come with Gold also.

6. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I did. But I don't know if I still have it.. from memory the box didn't match the serial. But that's not uncommon for SGH staff who used to pull the first box they saw out.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

interesting, must have been a mismatched lens. j serials only had ruby or black iridium

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

well there you go lol. just batch differences.. and yeh, all polished frames are hammerstemed

9. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

Maybe. It also came with the rootbear unobtanium :)

10. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

Juliet - X Metal - Gold 04-112 with JG###### serial is a late 1990's issue and I know of two label types, the graphic, showing black label with horizontal glass image, and the text label. I need a serial matching, excellent/mint condition pair myself, so if anyone can help please make contact.