• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Redonkulous are some Electronic Bay.com prices?

Everything should be worth retail or less. 2 years ago score at sunglasses hut website a reguar c-six brand new for 1100 bucks, black Friday they sold for 7-8 hundred..

Not the best example imo because that and stuff like X-Metals are indisputably collectors items, period.That being said, of course there are ridiculous prices being put out. In the scheme of stuff being bought and flipped, it's totally annoying.

Current pairs are where I'd totally agree with the "retail or less" statement. Usually the forum is very reasonable, and it's just idiots on CL with that simple-minded thinking of "My price of X is totally fair because I paid X+1 for it".

Retired pairs such as the Splice and original RJ...They're in a grey zone imo. They really are picking up interest to start commanding above retail, but.there's just a bottom line to their significance and material/design worth. No biggie to people who've got the cash to throw around and are hard pressed for building their collection; but at least to me — as much as I'd like to have a Splice — there's just no way I can justify the premium when resources require an exceptional effort. I'd be paying that premium price, then probably paying someone else for donor lenses and/or cutting, then probably getting a refinish depending on what I picked up to start, and then hunting down rubbers which will have their own premium. I don't want it that much.

Back