• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How The Make Sure If My Newly Purchased Romeo 2 Is Authentic?

Hey Ernie I spoke to O Warranty and got clarification twice, that they still do "partial" tune ups for the Penny here in the US. They just say they don't do a full tuneup since they do not have nose bombs, and also if you sent in your Penny and a screw was stripped or something they didn't have certain parts for it. For the nose bridge though, they will definitely tighten it for ya :). Hope that helps!

Did you send them in yet?

Awesome :D

Thx for the quick replies, i got a bit scared when i saw i got the wrong box...
As welcome the Romeo 1 is , the ones i have don't fit me one bit, i doubt another one will.
I'll go give the seller the feedback he earned, especially for such a good price ( 183 $ ) even if the box ain't right.
Now all that's left is to send the Pennys to the US ( about 35 $ each direction ) and get the tune up ( still 55 $ ? )
Thx again for the help guys.

If they are Romeo 2.0's they are real. I've seen a few really cheap fakes, but noting like you find for other models. Oakley could barely sell the real ones, so making fakes wouldn't make much sense.

Awesome :D

Thx for the quick replies, i got a bit scared when i saw i got the wrong box...
As welcome the Romeo 1 is , the ones i have don't fit me one bit, i doubt another one will.
I'll go give the seller the feedback he earned, especially for such a good price ( 183 $ ) even if the box ain't right.
Now all that's left is to send the Pennys to the US ( about 35 $ each direction ) and get the tune up ( still 55 $ ? )
Thx again for the help guys.

where are you located? usually the Oakley HQ in your country can do the tuneup.. they do it in the Australia HQ

I agree with the others... Based on your pics they look authentic. They don't carry the easy to spot tell tale signs of being fake. You got yourself a nice pair of shades. AND its a plus to come in a Romeo1 box. Just the box with the parts in it are worth something!!!!

where are you located? usually the Oakley HQ in your country can do the tuneup.. they do it in the Australia HQ

I live in Israel, the Oakley franchise here switched hands a few months ago, ever since that happened the whole customer support thingy dissolved.
In a way, whenever you call them there's this feeling they expect you to take care of it yourself ( the company that has the Oakley franchise here also has other brand names under it and they are supposedly in charge of repairs and other issues of all of these brands - which in fact doesn't happen )
Bottom line - no way they'll have that kind of equipment here + they'll ask for documentation that the glasses were purchased here ( ofcourse they weren't - the prices of Oakley here are about 40 % more expensive than they are in the US).

I live in Israel, the Oakley franchise here switched hands a few months ago, ever since that happened the whole customer support thingy dissolved.
In a way, whenever you call them there's this feeling they expect you to take care of it yourself ( the company that has the Oakley franchise here also has other brand names under it and they are supposedly in charge of repairs and other issues of all of these brands - which in fact doesn't happen )
Bottom line - no way they'll have that kind of equipment here + they'll ask for documentation that the glasses were purchased here ( ofcourse they weren't - the prices of Oakley here are about 40 % more expensive than they are in the US).

check if its cheaper to send to australia. the tune up here only cost $55, whereas i think in the US its now up to $85+. also, oakley australia is still replacing the rubber nosebombs, whereas i think the US is out of those.

Back