• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How tight should Penny's be?

Sean reilly

Oakley Expert
UK Wynyard
This is my first pair of penny's, but how tight should they be? I've changed the ear sock and nose bombs with genuine ones, then changed the nose bomb riverts and perished rubber insets with linegear ones, but they just don't seem as tight as my Juiliets?

They are not as tight as the Juliet due to the spring hindge. You have to judge it based on the tightness of the nosebridge. The Penny tends to be too small for most, that could be why it feels loose.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
My Ducati I just got and told only wore a few times, given to him at Moto GP in Italy then thrown in a draw until sold to me are as tight as I dunno, almost scratch my head as I put them on.....I'm only a small fella, lol and was expecting penny's to be the same or a bit tighter, although they don't fall off, they just seem a bit rubbish?

View attachment 262397 My Ducati I just got and told only wore a few times, given to him at Moto GP in Italy then thrown in a draw until sold to me are as tight as I dunno, almost scratch my head as I put them on.....I'm only a small fella, lol and was expecting penny's to be the same or a bit tighter, although they don't fall off, they just seem a bit rubbish?
Send to @THE X-MAN

Yeah, Penny may have the smallest orbitals but because of the spring hinges they don't fit as tight as Juliets.

Mars has the tightest fit of the x-metals.

Ok fab that helps, it's just not ever having seen another pair or owning anything than 3 pairs of juliets, I suppose it's difficult to compare.

Penny always feels like it's going to fall off if I look down. Wish they wouldn't have done the spring hinges. Would have been a more solid design if they had stuck to the formula.

Back