1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

I just got a Mars. The left ear stem seems to be floating. The Mars is resting on 3 points instead of 4. The ear stems are not bend. What can I do to get them to balance? Thanx.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. racs09

racs09 Oakley Enthusiast

I had the same problem with one of my juliets. There was a thread here about that. But on the thread it said to work on the nose bridge area and not the arms. Not sure if its the same with the Mars. Tried it, it worked but would go back to being uneven. I just went to oakley and got the frame replaced.

3. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

I was thinking if its the nose bridge rubber. But this is a never worn before set only display. My best bet is the rubber deteriorate while on display which cause the imbalance.
    I dun think I can get a replacement frame for Mars from Oakley SG...looks like I've to just "season" the rubber unless someone has other ideas.

4. racs09

racs09 Oakley Enthusiast

Mine was bnib them. Straight from the box it was uneven. But the gaps on the nose bridge were obvious. But wearing them were fine. If you are really bothered maybe try Xman. Maybe he could do his magic on your mars..

5. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

tweak them back into shape,i have to do it on almost every pair I service.you wont hurt em.its multiple cast pieces of metal screwed togeather with rubber gasketed between them.....go ahead just do it.

6. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

The Mars is new too. Was thinking of sending it to X-man for him to work his magic. I also have a Juliet that needs the nose bridge to be tightened and a 24K XX that needs a total overhaul and a new color.
    Mark, will you still do it for international customers?

7. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

multiple pairs.....sure

8. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

Alright. Ill keep in touch. Thanx

9. Sundalo

Sundalo Oakley Expert

Yeah, it's definitely the nosebridge rubber. I got mine back from Mark and it did that. Just wear them to wear out the rubber.

10. Ares176

Ares176 Oakley Beginner

Guess I should do just that. Perhaps this is the only xmetal which I'm going to put on normally instead of using the goggle method just to stretch the rubber. And once its trash, it'll be off to the X-man to work his magic. :)