• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Clean Microbag

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
how do you guys clean your microbags? do you put it in the washer? or just run it under faucet water while ringing it out? air dry?

i would just go to an o-store and ask for a new one. they arent the same after you wash them i think. ive got a huge pile of them at my house

nearest oakley store is about 2 hours away. the bag isn't dirty. i just sat a towel down on it that i had used to wipe some wax off my truck. i just wanted to make sure none of the wax that may have been on the towel got on the microbag.

I've seen this question come up before. First, never washing the bag is a recipe for scratched lenses. Second, buying new ones over and over is pricey at $6 apiece. Here is what I've been doing for 10 years (and I still have bags that look and perform just as well now as they did then and NONE of my lenses have scratches: wash by hand with lukewarm water with SOFTSOAP....do not use abrasive cleaners like laundry or dish detergents....rinse well and squeeze, hang somewhere to air dry. I wash my glasses the same way....I clean one bag like this, then clean the entire frame and lenses with cold water, then re-wash the bag. As for frequency it depends on variables, but rule of thumb is that anywhere from 5 to 7 days of average wear requires a glasses and bag cleaning

ucdavis4PT0gpa said:
I've seen this question come up before. First, never washing the bag is a recipe for scratched lenses. Second, buying new ones over and over is pricey at $6 apiece. Here is what I've been doing for 10 years (and I still have bags that look and perform just as well now as they did then and NONE of my lenses have scratches: wash by hand with lukewarm water with SOFTSOAP....do not use abrasive cleaners like laundry or dish detergents....rinse well and squeeze, hang somewhere to air dry. I wash my glasses the same way....I clean one bag like this, then clean the entire frame and lenses with cold water, then re-wash the bag. As for frequency it depends on variables, but rule of thumb is that anywhere from 5 to 7 days of average wear requires a glasses and bag cleaning

I've been doing it this way as well. Hand soap and lukewarm water, then air dry.

Once in a while i'll forget it in my jeans pocket and it goes in the wash/dry cycle. Still came out fine and still use it.

I just leave mine in my pants pocket if I need to wash it. It comes out fine and shouldn't get too much detergent on it if it is inside your pocket. Then I throw it in the dryer and it comes out fine. I think I mainly do this because I forget that it is in my pocket.

i dont think its a good idea to let it stay in the pocket and be washed together, might not turn out great in the future

Mozole said:
i dont think its a good idea to let it stay in the pocket and be washed together, might not turn out great in the future
I've done it a ton of times and have not noticed a difference in the bag.

Back