• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Clean Microfiber Bags

I made a video showing how to do this, let me see if I can scrounge it up. I was going to add it as a supplement to the cleaning glasses thread.

alright guys this is what works best - mild hand soap and warm water. wrinse, scrub thoroughly, make sure to fill the sock up repeatedly, flip it inside out etc. Hang to Air-dry (dont blow dry- first of all hairdriers blow lots of dust around, secondly you can burn the fabric).

youll be surprised how grimy they are. the water will be brown or black in some cases, esp if you havent washed them in ages. and youll notice how well they clean afterwards!

lemme know how you go guys!

Everything said here! The only thing I would add is what I was told by an optician, whatever soap you use under no circumstances should there be any chemical like fabric softener in it because it will actually cause the coating of the lense to "peel" away from the actual lense. I learned this the hard way, it was a $200.00 mistake! Ouch! Now I make sure I use only natural soaps when washing my microfibers.

I have always used dawn dishwash soap soaked the bags for an hour or so then hand was and air dry them. This has always worked for me and so far has done no damage to my glasses

not saying its wrong but dishwashing detergent (im not so sure about dawn though.. i dont get that here) usually are really harsh on fabrics so i prefer mild soap. you dont need some super degreaser.. just a mild wash. the microfibers should be treated delicately :)

not saying its wrong but dishwashing detergent (im not so sure about dawn though.. i dont get that here) usually are really harsh on fabrics so i prefer mild soap. you dont need some super degreaser.. just a mild wash. the microfibers should be treated delicately :)

Agreed, like I said earlier, all natural is the way to go. There is a soap that is a Target brand called "method" which is all natural and has worked quite nicely. I don't like using harsh chemical products for anything these days, especially washing dishes or clothes.

Good advice from all in this thread guys!

BriPs method. Softsoap and warm water in the bathroom sink. Scrub inside and out. Rinse thoroughly and hang to air dry.

Been doing this for years.

Back