• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Clean Microfiber Bags

Personally in my past experiences I'd say that Rit whitener & brightner laundry treatment works best.not only does it clean the bags very well but it's a mild detergent that won't harm the microbag material.I've actually forgotten some in solution for up to a week and nothing happened to the bags.basically just mix up a solution of 1 tablespoon of Rit treatment to about a pint of hot water and allow bags to soak for at least 2hrs.once you've soaked them you basically scrub them by rubbing bag material together then rinse them out.only drawback is you have to rinse them out for quite a while to get treatment out but for how gd it works(in my opinion)it's worth it plus the bags will have a nice fresh clean smell that'll last a good while.

I tend to use a dash of McGuires Gold auto detailing soap and lots of warm water. Let them soak for ten minutes, then rinse, and air dry.

Works well and I love the ' clean car' smell.
Q~

I just chuck them in one of those "delicates" bags and wash in a normal wash for whites. Have been doing it the last 4 years. Never had a problem and washed my main large microfibre cloth (and other microfibre bags) probably a dozen times or more.

P.S. I always whip the cloth or bag against a clean surface to shake off any dirt that could possibly be there so scratches are minimised.

I just do a load of microfiber only in the washing machine. I use the "synthetic" cycle and extra rinse cycle settings to get out all the extra detergent. Works fine for me. I think you have to worry more about your microfibers picking up abrasives from touching or being placed on dirty surfaces.

Oh and liquid laundry detergent. Powder detergent, duh, is an abrasive.

Latest Posts

Back