• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Get Scratches Out Of Oakley Lenses?

time2fly

Oakley Beginner
I've been wearing a the same pair of Fuel Cells for a while now, and the lenses have gotten some small nicks and scratches. Just wondering, is there anything I can do to get the scratches out of them? I can't be the only one who has this problem!

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Buy new lenses once they get past the point of obscuring your vision. They are plastic and the iridium is thin, scratches are going to happen if they do more than sit on a shelf.

I've tried a few different things on a fubar'd set of yellow m-lens that I have. I haven't tried anything too radical, but a one of the things I tried was a plastic polish from Mequiars. It worked really well on a motorcycle windscreen, but not the Oakley lens. One other trick used on cheap plastic watch faces is Brasso, it didn't seem to work either.

I think most will say head to the O-store and break out the wallet for some replacements or try to live with it.

Latest Posts

Back