• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Help On Painting Glasses Or Where To Go?

The best way to strip an FMJ since it ISN'T paint is to soak it off. Takes several days and you can't use just any average chemical since most will destroy the frame. I just recently stripped several frames to near new condition under the FMJ..

As for white pearl, silver pearl, you name it, I pretty much have it or can get it same day since my supplier is only 30 min away. Satin, no sweat, flat, gotcha covered, you want it I can probably get you covered. If you want a custom blended color, I can do that for you. Sky is the limit when it comes to paint pretty much.

Thank You Dr. Chop! Will be easier if I strip the frames off of the paint and send them over to you? I'm asking based on money concerns, because if I send these airs in I am looking into getting the frames painted a single color and having the 'o's painted in a blue anodized chrome to match how they came. I know from your prices that would be a $60 job correct?

that's incorrect. should be $45. Icons are included with a frame paint job.

I would go with a custom finish. Make 'em how you want 'em. You'll be happier with the end product, and you'll have something unique at the same time. Some of the Oakley colorways are great, but there is so much more that you can do with pearl, kandy, and effect paints.

What would you guys say? This color on the bottom which is a stock image from Oakley which looks a pearlish silver?
xxfmj556icenn4.jpg

...or the actual FMJ 5.56 color that they came as, so silver.
5430292327_38e6825391_z.jpg

the rubber trim and nosebridge print color looks way wrong!! fake i'd say...icon has odd gaps

Latest Posts

Back