• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To I.D. A Plasma R1 From A Ti R1?

galeanoandres73

Oakley Beginner
Hello, I have problem trying to identify the differences between a Plasma R1 from a Ti R1?
Anyone have any suggestions or pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back 3 are all plasma. Front is 1st gen Titanium.
null_zps9a3507b3.jpg

When I had my 2nd Gen Ti, I could BARELY (under close scrutiny) discern the difference from my Plasma R1. They are so close that they are practically the same. Add to the fact you put Gold Iridium lenses in your Plasma Frames, they look exactly like the 2nd Gen Ti frame with gold lenses lol.

In fact it's probably optical illusion, but your Plasma frame (w/fire) in the back actually looks lighter than the 2 Plasmas in front of it. The Gold Iridium plays tricks on my eyes...

The
When I had my 2nd Gen Ti, I could BARELY (under close scrutiny) discern the difference from my Plasma R1. They are so close that they are practically the same. Add to the fact you put Gold Iridium lenses in your Plasma Frames, they look exactly like the 2nd Gen Ti frame with gold lenses lol.

In fact it's probably optical illusion, but your Plasma frame (w/fire) in the back actually looks lighter than the 2 Plasmas in front of it. The Gold Iridium plays tricks on my eyes...
The plasma frame at the back is a later 'A' serial frame, so is more polished and will appear lighter due to this. I have never had a problem identifying a titanium finish from a plasma to be honest. The titanium 2nd gen has a much greyer appearance than any plasma I've ever seen and ive had a few.

It's not the best pic I know, but the front pair is an early plasma and the pair behind is a second gen titanium 'A' serial.
529B2AA3-C53E-4D80-A292-5222E715102A_zpsykngiloi.jpg

Thankyou discostu you have alot of R1
David_Oakley you are right is hard to see the difference they are so close ! only a expert eye
Thankyou

Latest Posts

Back