1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. trenat

trenat Oakley Beginner

Does anyone know how to identify Asian Fit glasses?? Specifically Flakjacket. Any help appreciated thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Admin

Admin The Boss Staff Member Administrator

3. trenat

trenat Oakley Beginner

Thanks for that. Already read it but I'm trying to see if a particular pair is actually Asian Fit without have another one to compare to :D

4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

You can try comparing the SKU on the frame, I believe the Asian Fit's end in J.

5. oakleyguy7

oakleyguy7 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

well its pretty tricky in the flak jackets since they are all capable of being asian fit. they all come with extra pair of nose bombs which is considered the asian fit. they are just bigger nose pads. but in terms of maybe buying them like that it should have an A on the box next to the words.

6. wrist

wrist Oakley Collector

^^They make legitimate Asian Fit Flaks, and not just the nose piece. If youve ever seen an Asian Fit pair of Gascans, youll notice the wrap of the frame is much more blocky than the regular ones, this is also the case for Flak Jackets. Ive only seen one pair like this, and asked the dude about them, and he said he had to order them special from the site because the nose bombs AF still didnt fit his face/head.

7. trenat

trenat Oakley Beginner

Thanks for all the tips guys. I just checked and there's nothing after the SKU on the frame. Also I don't have the box anymore so I don't think I would know if there was an A next to the words. LOL.

I just wanted to check as the current pair fits me well so I wanted to confirm before the next purchase. Cheers guys!

8. penSPED

penSPED Oakley Beginner

If there is no J next to the model number on the frame then they are definitely a normal frame. The Asian Fits are a bit wider and have modified wrap to the front. Unlike the Gascans, the Flak Jackets keep the same lenses as the normal ones. We have them at our store and they do have a distinctive fit to them. Both sizes come with both nose pieces and the Asian comes with the larger nose bombs on them, while the normal ones have the normal nose bombs on them. Hope this helps alot.