• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Know 1st Generation Vs 2nd Generation?

Guphanti

Oakley Beginner
Hello,

How can I tell whether a pair of Oakley Juliet sunglasses I have are first generation or second generation?

First gen have a serial number that begins with a letter, then is all numbers. Second gen is the same but with an "A" on the end, simple as that.

To add a little more info, the serial is printed on the inside of the left ear stem:
1st gen, serial starts with a letter then has 6 (I think) numbers, ex P123456
2nd gen, same as 1st with the letter "A" at the end. ex P123456A
3rd gen, same as 1st with the letter "B" at the end. ex P123456B, these are the last ones that are serialized
4th gen, does not have a serial number at all, inside left arm is blank.
5th gen, has the sizing numbers in the serial location.

Yep, serial is 6 numbers, left-packed as necessary (so e.g. T025364 with a leading 0).

5th gen has SKU then size, except for custom and warranty frames, which just have the size.

To add a little more info, the serial is printed on the inside of the left ear stem:
1st gen, serial starts with a letter then has 6 (I think) numbers, ex P123456
2nd gen, same as 1st with the letter "A" at the end. ex P123456A
3rd gen, same as 1st with the letter "B" at the end. ex P123456B, these are the last ones that are serialized
4th gen, does not have a serial number at all, inside left arm is blank.
5th gen, has the sizing numbers in the serial location.
5th gen has the SKU # and the size. Custom have the size only. ;)

I need help finding the serial number...I'm kind of new to this. Is it under the rubber part?

Thanks

It's inside the left earstem. Here's an example of my 5th gen
20140719_110803.jpg

If there's no serial or SKU/size then it's 4th gen. Or sometimes it has rubbed away through use.

Back