• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
i have a question. i needed to disinfect my Jupiters so i rubbed isoprophyl alcohol on the arms and (not the lens) nose pads. how will this affect my glasses? will the plastic chip? or will it become softer? or ???

i have a question. i needed to disinfect my Jupiters so i rubbed isoprophyl alcohol on the arms and (not the lens) nose pads. how will this affect my glasses? will the plastic chip? or will it become softer? or ???
Isoprophyl if undiluted will wreck havoc almost immediatly on your lenses. I usually remove my lenses and use a mild antibacterial soap with water. Then I lightly use an old toothbrush and clean the hard to get areas. Wash and rinse the frame. Alcohol can dry out an o-matter frame and cause it to dull its color...

There is no problem with using Isoprophyl on the frames, however make sure it doesn't make contact with your lenses. I actually prefer to use hand sanitizer to clean my frames but I make sure I remove my lenses first. Lately

Take note though, I wouldn't use anything with strong alcohol on an FMJ frame but everything else seems to be ok IMO.

I have the Nanoclear/Hydrophobic kit currently and I was wondering if I were to buy the regular cleaning kit, would applying that negate the Nanoclear/Hydrophobic? Do I have to reapply the Nanoclear/Hydrophobic every time I use the regular cleaning solution?

When using the Oakley Bag for cleaning, can I use the outside (colored) of it for cleaning? or is only the inside part is good for cleaning?

When using the Oakley Bag for cleaning, can I use the outside (colored) of it for cleaning? or is only the inside part is good for cleaning?
You can use the outside although you have to be careful because if you drop that bag it could pick up hard particles that can scratch your lenses.

I usually have a separate bag or cloth that I use that I know is absolutely clean.

Back