• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Oakleo: my glasses did the same thing. Completely delaminated. I've been trying to get this figured out with Oakley and what I'm being told is you have to buy new lenses. My glasses are only 3 years old and rarely worn. I always wash them with mild soap and water. And no guarantee it won't happen again. I've owned many, many, many different types of premium glasses over the years. Never seen this happen. Best of luck.

using my air blower and lens pen from my camera lens cleaning stuff together with oakley lens cleaning kit, i guess having them is a good thing (camera lens is not cheap)

Oakleo: my glasses did the same thing. Completely delaminated. I've been trying to get this figured out with Oakley and what I'm being told is you have to buy new lenses. My glasses are only 3 years old and rarely worn. I always wash them with mild soap and water. And no guarantee it won't happen again. I've owned many, many, many different types of premium glasses over the years. Never seen this happen. Best of luck.

I rarely wear them and kept in a cupboard. I even treat them like tofu (delicate) LOL! That about oakley lens delaminating issue is baffling a lot of people. I've queried the distributor, spectacles shops, etc, but cannot provide a valid answer. With their "Best Lens on the Planet" slogan, Mad Science, technology leading and what's not, they cant solve this issue. So, you don't crack your head figuring that out.

It's heart breaking to see after spending so much and promoting the brand to friends, the lens happened like this. My other brands doesnot have this sort of issues. I noticed that bronze based lens and gray mostly delaminate. Black IR, Ice Ir so far is fine.

Yeah but that might leave water marks on the lenses. You can use a microfiber cloth to rub the water off.
ahhhh alright! Oh and one more thing, what about the grooves where we insert the lens? should that be a concern? Water might get trapped there and ruin the lens?

ahhhh alright! Oh and one more thing, what about the grooves where we insert the lens? should that be a concern? Water might get trapped there and ruin the lens?
Should evaporate but I can see how it might become a problem. I use the cleaning solution on my lenses without taking them out of the frame and have not had any issues.

Should evaporate but I can see how it might become a problem. I use the cleaning solution on my lenses without taking them out of the frame and have not had any issues.
ahhh so basically it all comes back to the cleaning solution hehe. The only problem I have with that where I come from, there are no free refills and it's expensive. Thats why im trying to find an alternate solution to cleaning my oakley glasses

Back