• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I use my Dremel tool. It gets out the grime between the frame and lens. It also ventilates the lense at the same time. My wife uses the Irisium as sparkles on cakes and cupcakes.

My X-Metal Juliet (2nd Gen) ear-socks and nose-bombs did not handle VERY WELL AT ALL to my mountain-biking and jogging habit. The acid in human sweat eroded the rubber like Coca-Cola erodes tooth enamel.

For that reason, I recommend removing the ear-socks/nose-bombs after EVERY usage, washing them with a MILD dish detergent, under luke-warm water. The same goes for the hammer-stems, and anything else that my have been in contact with your grimy pre-pubescent (joking!) facial structure.

As far as lens-cleaning goes, I'd take the advice from the original poster. I've had no trouble using diluted dish-soap on my lenses (say....1 drop of dish-detergent per 600 mL of water).

It's all in the sebum, ladies and germs!

Hey, I honestly have NOT read the first 37 pages But I will chime in.

I've been using the lens cleaner from wal-mart. little bottle (free refills) from what they tell me it has no alcohol and no amonia.
after 3 years of use it has proven safe on all my oakley lenses, as well as my 60" flatscreen and my motorcycle helmets and windscreen

I found a new product! I don't recommend it as the primary method of cleaning. Mild soap, water, and/or spray lens cleaner with microfiber or cotton cloth is best for getting off heavy oils. Running water is best for grit or dirt. But when you are done, who had smudges!? I normally do. Even with a brand new microfiber. My new solution!?
Peeps carbon cleaner. Google it. Amazing!
@NuttyOAK13Y should have his soon.
IMG_20161115_164108.jpg

Colour me sceptical.
How are the finger oils and eyebrow goo removed when the "invisible" carbon impregnated pads are stored?
A microfiber can at least be washed...
:errwhat:

Oh, inside the lid of that peeps cleaner is another pad. Almost like "re-inking" every time it's inserted into the lid. So it's basically "recharged"... I've been using mine about 12 days now. So far so good.

I found a new product! I don't recommend it as the primary method of cleaning. Mild soap, water, and/or spray lens cleaner with microfiber or cotton cloth is best for getting off heavy oils. Running water is best for grit or dirt. But when you are done, who had smudges!? I normally do. Even with a brand new microfiber. My new solution!?
View attachment 295314
Came yesterday RJ, brilliant bit of kit. Thanks brother.

View attachment 295314

Ordered a set and I'll try them on my Oakleys and the microscopes at work.

Latest Posts

Back