• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I use the cleaning solution for on the go cleaning. For the periodic full cleanings which can be anywhere from once a week to once a quarter depending on wear cycles, SoftSoap and COLD water, dried with TOUCH abosrbing via a Cobra cloth and final polish microclear bags works better than any other method I've tried and takes less than 5 minutes per pair. I like this also because, despite the "free" refills, I'm quite tired of the attitude I'm getting from both the local O-Stores and SGH when I come in for that and don't buy something else.

I use the cleaning solution for on the go cleaning. For the periodic full cleanings which can be anywhere from once a week to once a quarter depending on wear cycles, SoftSoap and COLD water, dried with TOUCH abosrbing via a Cobra cloth and final polish microclear bags works better than any other method I've tried and takes less than 5 minutes per pair. I like this also because, despite the "free" refills, I'm quite tired of the attitude I'm getting from both the local O-Stores and SGH when I come in for that and don't buy something else.

Sorry to hear that, all of my local stores are very cool.

Sorry to hear that, all of my local stores are very cool.

Yeah I don't get it...there's only two here...one is better than the other; I know the economy isn't great, they needs sales etc., but heck if I don't feel comfortable coming into a store, that's 100% guarantee I won't be spending my money there.

So since the Oakley cleaning kit is given free refills at SGH, is it safe to assume that the SGH cleaning kit is exactly the same and safe to use on my Oakleys? Just curious as that's what I've been using for years. I have far more Spy's than Oakley's (hoping not to be shunned for that comment) so my Oakleys don't need cleaned as often as my others. Haven't noticed any problems with my Spy's and their Spectra lenses so far. Just double checking before I ruin my O's

Is there anything you can do with the lense once the laminated interior starts to peel and/or flake?

same question, and if i may ask what is this stuff that is "flaking". my monsterdogs had a black iridium lense and is flaking on the inside

So since the Oakley cleaning kit is given free refills at SGH, is it safe to assume that the SGH cleaning kit is exactly the same and safe to use on my Oakleys? Just curious as that's what I've been using for years. I have far more Spy's than Oakley's (hoping not to be shunned for that comment) so my Oakleys don't need cleaned as often as my others. Haven't noticed any problems with my Spy's and their Spectra lenses so far. Just double checking before I ruin my O's

Assuming they are all owned by Luxxotica yes it should be the same stuff. Oakley's/SGH's lens cleaner is safe on ALL glasses.

Latest Posts

Back