1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. EyeKeo

EyeKeo Oakley Beginner

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you knew how to remove the earsocks/temples on the gascans. It's a really skinny hole and I'm not sure if its a philips head or something else.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

There aren't any earsocks (rubber) on Gascans. Are you sure that's the frame you're asking about? If it is, then all you need to do is open the earstem to it full position...then firmly grip the frame (orbital) and the earstem (nearest the hinge), and twist in opposing directions...slow steady pressure will eventually pop the two pieces apart.

3. EyeKeo

EyeKeo Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry I didn't mean ear socks. I'm new to the Oakley terminology. It looks like theres a hole on the bottom of the frame with a screw inside but I will give your method a shot.

4. Uluahunter

No problem, that's what the community is for, hehe. Yeah, if its a Gascan, just follow the tips I sent and you should be good. Good luck!

5. EyeKeo

EyeKeo Oakley Beginner

Taking them off worked great. But putting them back on is pretty difficult. Any advice on that?

6. EyeKeo

EyeKeo Oakley Beginner

Nevermind, got them in!

7. Uluahunter

There's two nubs, one on the top and one on the bottom of the earstem....there's also two matching holes on the frame...these basically lock into each other and act as the pivoting joints. Start by placing the bottom nub into the bottom hole, then line up the top hole and nub...while holding the frame firmly and the earstem, you'll then apply pressure to basically push the top nub and hole back into alignment. It'll take a little force, but it'll pop right back in.

8. Uluahunter

Haha, a second too late! Congrats!

9. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

just be careful though. i damaged the nubs on the holbrooks while taking them apart before. =)

10. EyeKeo

EyeKeo Oakley Beginner

Thanks again for the input. Speaking of Holbrooks I plan on doing this for a pair of Holbrooks soon. Is it a pretty similar technique?