1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

What you need:
    - Acetone-free nail enamel remover
    - old sock

1. Put some enamel remover on your sock and wipe carefully in one direction till the glue becomes sticky.
    2. Now use a fresh part of your sock and repeat step one.

Left glue stains / right done
    How To Remove Glue Stains From A Box - hkuc8jef.jpg

Complete
    How To Remove Glue Stains From A Box - ihrd4ada.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 10/12/13
    xmetalmaniac likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Thank you for posting this up! This should assist many members!!!!! I will make it a sticky since you have tried and succeeded with your effort!

marc2040 likes this.
  3. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

too much like work. heat em with a hair dryer or heat gun as you are removing them...Any residue left, just use the label and "dab" at it...Sticks to the label, releases from the box, and NO smell of chemical on the paper...LOL.

4. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Makes sense, when you have the label.
    My box came in without the label and the glue was hardened.

5. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

oh nice. then the above also works, just grab a piece of tape. Duct Tape, normal Masking Tape, or even Box Sealing Tape...Just not LOW tack painters tape or similar...

6. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

nice 1 marc! thanks for posting!

7. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

I have had to remove label residue many times and have had continued success with White Spirit, use a tissue to remove and a dry tissue to wipe clean. You can even use this product to loosen and remove labels, an example where I have done this is to transfer a label from a lesser condition to a mint box.

marc2040 likes this.
  8. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

I am putting this in this here as there really isn't a category to put it in and I just bought it so here it is.
    I just bought this box and the previous owner must have owned a cat. Where the stickers were that were removed has tons of hair on it. Any process to get the hair and stickiness off without messing up the box How To Remove Glue Stains From A Box - upasura6.jpg How To Remove Glue Stains From A Box - y8ataten.jpg

9. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

If you are really patient, try pushing it off with your thumbs and fingernails, which I did with my Juliet box. If not, try a tiny amount of Goo Off.

10. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

Yeah I figure goof off will stain the box but I will trade the cat hair for stain!