1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. *[ghostText]

*[ghostText] Oakley Beginner

Does anybody know how to remove the bolts on the splitjackets and what tools to be used? I wish to change mine to chrome bolts but i dont know how to remove the old ones..

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

1. You will need to purchase a T-20 torx screwdriver to start
    2. Carefully loosen the nut from the back of the frame. The bolt will keep itself locked into place if you hold it there with your finger.
    3. The nut is aluminum and the bolt is plastic.
    4. Remove both pieces and set aside.

Installing:
    1. Put torx nut in first!
    2. Then begin to screw in bolt side with your fingers so that it threads easy. (Dont try to put the bolt in first, you WILL cross thread it!)
    3. Slowly spin the bolt till in threads into the torx nut, after a few turns push it into place, you will notice that the bolt will seat itself into the jaw and stop turning as it will seat into a hex head. Now loosely tighten the nut with your T-20, just make it snug....

Last edited: 9/1/13
  3. *[ghostText]

Cool dude, thank you so much!. Hope I do it properly without damaging the frame..

4. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

If you run into an issue, hit me up if your running facetime I will walk you through it....

5. *[ghostText]

Sure thing, thanks again..;)

6. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Thanks for the write-up ... im expecting some anodized green's to come in soon... ill def be using this article very soon!

7. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

T-20 is the correct torx size? You learn something new every day! I've disassembled jaws hundreds of times using a T-15 head, without any problems. My set of Torx only goes up to T-15 and it seemed like a perfect fit.