• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
10 Ways to tell if your Oakleys are real or fake! Learn how to spot Fake Oakleys with these tips!

These general rules to spotting fake Oakleys can be applied across the board. If you’re looking for model specific guidance, scroll to the bottom of this article and check out the links provided! From your standard Oakley Fives Squared to insane Medusa Goggles, we’ve got the top tips to spot fakes!

Shout out: We’ve gathered this information from a number of sources on this site! Big thank you to members Cacatman, SiRacer 420, and more!

1) Check the price

If it’s too good to be true, it probably is! You’ve hard that saying a million times, and when it comes to Oakleys, it...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Juliet Maniac

Oakley Enthusiast
11 Ways to tell if your Oakleys are real or fake! Learn how to easily spot Fake Oakleys with these tips!

Trying to figure out if your Oakleys are real or fake? We’ve rounded up our top rules for easily spotting fake Oakleys. From your standard Oakley Fives Squared to out-of-this-world Medusa Goggles, we’ve got the best general tips plus frame-specific guidance.

Keep reading as we cover our top tips, and you’ll be a fake Oakley expert before you know it!

1) Check the price

If it’s too good to be true, it probably is!

You’ve heard that saying a million times, and when it comes to Oakleys, it still rings true.

Oakleys often retail for $100-$500+, so if you’re...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
those are 100% fake!
the Pit Boss don't have screws in the arms like in his picture n°5!

Those fakes are pretty good. The price at $45 should already be making you second guess them. The stickers on the lenses makes them fishy. The case and box in the background might be real, but that's not what comes with the Pit Boss. And Nerd, the Pit Boss does have screws in the arms. While i don't have my pair in front of me, you can see them on Oakley.com and click on the 3D view and rotate the picture to see them.

Oh and Nerd, if you already haven't, i reported this site as fake to Oakley.

Oops I didn't explain properly. I didn't buy from that site. I know that site has all fakes. I bought mine from ebay that had pictures that I believe showed a genuine Pit Boss. I'm still reasonably sure what's coming in the mail should be an authentic PB, finding this site just reduced my certainty from 100% to 85%. :)

I found that site AFTER I paid for mine and so I was quite surprised as I just didn't think there were fakes that looked THAT good. And it just added a sliver of doubt about some of the auctions for PB's on ebay where the pictures are not 100% clear, or slightly out of focus is a common thing I see.

those are 100% fake!
the Pit Boss don't have screws in the arms like in his picture n°5!

The real PB pics I can find does show something there, either a rivet or some sort or a screw head I'm not too sure. Here's a pic from Oakley:

20ud9ol.jpg

If it's a rivet then there should not be any screwhead shape to it at all, so I guess that's one way to tell...

i was wearing my polished black pit boss today and they don't have screwheads at all inside!!
just on the outside at the orbital (torx)

Well, the good thing for you is if they do turn out to be fakes, you can fight it through ebay/paypal.

Yes that's true, that's why if I suspect they're fake I need specific proof to go back to the seller on, by pointing out details that show without a doubt that they're fake. Hence the question.

Back