• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Spot Fakes

bawitheba

Oakley Expert
Ok guys I need your help. I have worn Juliet's for years always bought from sunglass hut. We need a definite guide to spotting fake x
Metal oakleys.

I need y'all to post pics of fakes and highlight the spots what make them fake. All information can be useful.

Tried this thread before...but a good point was made. The foakleys out in the marketplace are getting way better nowadays, so it's best just to ask and post pics if you have doubts about any glasses you're looking at. I wanted the same kind of list describing the exact points to look for in fakes, but by posting a list like that we'd be giving the enemy the upper hand. Anyway, just reach out to the O family here and you'll get the answers you need :biggrin:.

You could start with a search on the boards, that'll get you some quick answers on topics already posted, like the "replica juliets" started by jive. Good luck!

Yea I looked. I understand your point. I think I can distinguish fakes I just wish there was a definitve guide.

Yeah you are never going to get a definitive guide though. Everyone who makes fakes does something slightly different so there is no one thing that every fake shares. Post pics and someone will be able to help you out for sure.

I do too. But I've gotten pretty quick responses from the members here on every question I've had so far. I did start another thread that wasn't so detailed, just with a list of known fakes...but that was a bomb too. Most of the frames that Oakley has have been copied, cloned or faked at one time or another. Good luck again!

Back