1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Just wondering how to tell the difference between Racing Jackets and Pro Racing Jacket Oakleys? What about between Generation 1 and Generation 2 pairs?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

is it the vented lenses?

and do all racing jacket come with water Jacket accessories too?

3. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

4. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

Yeah, the main difference is the vented lenses between the normal and pro.
    The difference between 1st and 2nd gen is the size of the lenses. The 1st gens are way bigger...

5. rolondo

rolondo Oakley Beginner

And no, the Racing Jackets didn't come with the water accessory pieces. You might still find a Water Jacket at an Oakley store but they are harder to come by now, and certainly not a Racing Jacket as those have been discontinued for a while. What bugs me is that a Water Jacket is $250 and don't come with the earsocks to "convert" it back to a Racing Jacket.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

okay, so I just bought a water jacket which also has Racing Jacket socks. so... what do i have? the frames say 'racing' on the inside of the nose bridge. came with the massive square ballistic case.

How To Tell Between Racing Jacket And Pro Racing Jacket - 6343091436_8024dd81c9_z.jpg

7. Oakley_Sight

BriP It look like you have a water jacket, SKU 04-678 as you have the solution also. Either Racing Jacket socks have been bought to convert it or they can with the kit. All the frames say Racing as they were the same whether Racking or Water Jackets.

The Oakley Review - Glasses

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

okay.. and the Persimmon lenses (i think its persimmon.. or VR28? how to tell?) are an add-on?
    How To Tell Between Racing Jacket And Pro Racing Jacket - 6346341481_23991afab4_z.jpg

did the hydrophobic solution come with all water jackets or only 04-678?

9. rolondo

rolondo Oakley Beginner

Those are really nice. I'm very envious

10. Oakley_Sight

I think the solution came with all the water jackets to help protect the lens because of their usage. As for the lens it looks more like the persimmon. Or it could be these as these are the jet black ones.

http://www.o-review.com/glassesdetail.asp?ID=27

which means VR28 lenses.