• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to tell real Oakley E Wires?

illumination

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Switzerland
I'm trying to work out how to tell if a pair of E Wires are real or not. To me these look good, the font on the nose bridge and the font on the ear stems look good to me.

Is there something else that people would normally look at to determine the authenticity of a pair of E Wires?

Thanks in advance!

$_57.JPG
$_57 (2).JPG
$_57 (1).JPG
$_57 (3).JPG

Thanks guys. Yeah, that is what I thought too. I've seen some in pretty bad shape.

Is there anything specific in the pics that you check to see they're real, or is it just looking at them as a whole?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the last part was never answered?
I am currently searching the forum, but the e-wire I have in hand, (can't post pic now) has no "made in usa" stamp on earstem rubber. Is that a sign of fake? TIA

No, I'd suggest it's either a third party ear-sock or later model sock(possibly). The main 'indicators' are flat head screws not phillips (crosshead) on the ear stem hinges and the nose bombs, The nose bridge is flat as ooposed to slightly rounded. The script on the nose bridge is thick not slim, as well as being shorter and taller than the real one. Temples are thinner and the weight (not that you'll be able to tell the difference without having a genuine pair with you) are heavier on the fakes.

Last edited:
Thanks F-T, helpful as usual. I've impulsively bought an E-Wire, and it has no printings to the frame and arm (if it ever had those prints) and doing a bit of a research because the rubber markings I am a bit worried into. I've just realized that the hammer stems "OAKLEY" text is different on the re-release model. Does the test varied in older models? Trying also to find out when the pair I have did came out. Darn O-Review can't help, blocked (I am in the workplace now)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back