1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. illumination

illumination Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I'm trying to work out how to tell if a pair of E Wires are real or not. To me these look good, the font on the nose bridge and the font on the ear stems look good to me.

Is there something else that people would normally look at to determine the authenticity of a pair of E Wires?

Thanks in advance!

How to tell real Oakley E Wires? - $_57.JPG How to tell real Oakley E Wires? - $_57 (2).JPG How to tell real Oakley E Wires? - $_57 (1).JPG How to tell real Oakley E Wires? - $_57 (3).JPG

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Those are legit

illumination likes this.
  3. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

+1
    And nice shape!

illumination likes this.
  4. illumination

illumination Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Thanks guys. Yeah, that is what I thought too. I've seen some in pretty bad shape.

Is there anything specific in the pics that you check to see they're real, or is it just looking at them as a whole?

5. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but the last part was never answered?
    I am currently searching the forum, but the e-wire I have in hand, (can't post pic now) has no "made in usa" stamp on earstem rubber. Is that a sign of fake? TIA

6. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

No, I'd suggest it's either a third party ear-sock or later model sock(possibly). The main 'indicators' are flat head screws not phillips (crosshead) on the ear stem hinges and the nose bombs, The nose bridge is flat as ooposed to slightly rounded. The script on the nose bridge is thick not slim, as well as being shorter and taller than the real one. Temples are thinner and the weight (not that you'll be able to tell the difference without having a genuine pair with you) are heavier on the fakes.

Last edited: 6/21/16
  7. motoGP_fanatic

Thanks F-T, helpful as usual. I've impulsively bought an E-Wire, and it has no printings to the frame and arm (if it ever had those prints) and doing a bit of a research because the rubber markings I am a bit worried into. I've just realized that the hammer stems "OAKLEY" text is different on the re-release model. Does the test varied in older models? Trying also to find out when the pair I have did came out. Darn O-Review can't help, blocked (I am in the workplace now)

Last edited: 6/21/16
  8. Sun & Sand

Sun & Sand Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

9. motoGP_fanatic

Thanks guys, apparently what I got is E Wire gen 1 Dark BI. No made in usa which kinda bummer, but its greyish microbag made it reallynice.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

10. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Great to hear, Moto.