• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Would You GAUGE This?

You're right it seems like there's a lot of deals to be had if you look long enough.

On a side note, how sturdy are these watches? I'm a very active and out-doors person. I also see a lot of range time with my M4 and do a lot of training with it and sometimes it gets pretty intense. So, I need something that can hold up to pretty substantial abuse from time-to-time. My last watch I had was a G-Shock and I ended up breaking the wristband right off the face of the watch.

I think the watches are very sturdy ad able to take a beating. I personally don't put mine through any sort of abuse at all.

My local vault manager will take his minute machine and bash it against the wall so a customer can see how good it will handle a pounding. I've seen it done again and again and not a scratch on the face. The rest of the watch I can't speak for but I've been told they take a beating good.

Yeah that would be nice just to be able to look at them. I really wish I had an Oakley Vault closer to me though!

I hear ya. What sucks for me (or is good depending on how ya look at it) is my vault is about 90 seconds from my home.

At least if you ever get there you can see what the watches look like. :)

I hear ya. What sucks for me (or is good depending on how ya look at it) is my vault is about 90 seconds from my home.

At least if you ever get there you can see what the watches look like. :)

Wow, the aspect of having an OVault so close is awesome, but I bet your wallet hates it! Haha

As for the strength of the watch, that's surprising they can take that much of a beating! I know some have the option for a rubber wristband, you think that would hold up better than a metal wristband?

Wow, the aspect of having an OVault so close is awesome, but I bet your wallet hates it! Haha

As for the strength of the watch, that's surprising they can take that much of a beating! I know some have the option for a rubber wristband, you think that would hold up better than a metal wristband?

I don't claim to be an expert on watches but I know there are pros and cons to metal bands and rubber bands.

I think the rubber band might be better if you're looking to beat on the watch.

Also not all Oakley watches come with rubber bands.

My daily wear watch is all titanium and a comfort to wear but I think if I was slamming it around is prefer a rubber band as it may hurt a little less.

I don't claim to be an expert on watches but I know there are pros and cons to metal bands and rubber bands.

I think the rubber band might be better if you're looking to beat on the watch.

Also not all Oakley watches come with rubber bands.

My daily wear watch is all titanium and a comfort to wear but I think if I was slamming it around is prefer a rubber band as it may hurt a little less.

Yeah I can see how a metal wristband could pinch your wrist. I think it might be best to set aside a designated beater watch that I didn't drop major coin on! Haha

Gotta love Saturday mail delivery for now. I could not make up my mind about just having one so got both. I got it (12 Gauge) used great deal and it fits perfectly(also got MM used and it fits also). I need to make a new watch stand and move my Warrant down to the a mini stand. (card holder with clear watch holder). I will post pictures of current collection when I get another stand done.

P2161625_zpsfd8abd87.jpg

I'll be honest, I never liked the 12 Gauge until I saw this photo, that looks really slick! :thumb:

It is pretty big but cool looking. Yeah there is a Vault in Seveirville,Tn was just there not too long ago. The one thing I hate is the almost 10% sales tax. Tanger Outlet

Latest Posts

Back