• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How would you ship a package?

Hi Oakley Fellows,
a friend of mine received a package with one of my glasses.
The package was totally damaged and unfortunately the glasses broke on the orbitals.
How would you send a package just to pretend that?
Myself I used a lot of plastics to pretend the glasses and using the right sizes.

Thanks for your thoughts

IMG-20160826-WA0018.jpg

Doesn't seem like that would be the shippers fault in the photo, it appears that the carrier crushed the box!!! That's a shame!! Sorry to see that

Not sure what you mean - are you saying the buyer is accusing you of doing this on purpose to cover up existing damage to the glasses? Or are you asking for advice on how something should be packaged?

Ifit had been a bit bigger box with a decent amount of bubble wrap around the glasses if the box got crushed at least some bubble wrap would be able to take up some of that damage before crushing the glasses. I try to ship with boxes that give the frame a few inches of room all around the frame and then wrap and fill with bubble wrap so if somehow it does get crushed it has a good chance of survival.

Damn bro . Apparently that happens from time to time - no way to safeguard yourself from that kind of carelessness. Postal services have different insurance options - but I'm not sure they cover damage..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back