• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HQ Employee Store

True. What happens if she tries to arrest someone without a gun? She is tiny too, I don't see that ending well. I will ask her more about her duties. She has told me though that in dangerous situations she just calls police.

Ok, I was thinking more that she is corrections and is in the jail, but then you said safety officer so I figured maybe traffic related. Sounds like to me they are being specific. The reason why I was asking was it seems they turned her down and maybe they didn't ask enough questions.

Did she check her spam or do they have a strict filter on the email? Because I remember it as simple and getting an email and clicking a link; just like a "forgot password" type deal.

Ok, I was thinking more that she is corrections and is in the jail, but then you said safety officer so I figured maybe traffic related. Sounds like to me they are being specific. The reason why I was asking was it seems they turned her down and maybe they didn't ask enough questions.

No, more like traffic and code enforcement. The whole thing is that she called and explained in details her position and they told her yes, she would qualify. Once she went there they told her no. Granted she went on a Monday but I seriously doubt they would give her access. I told her she is not considered an actual law enforcement officer.

She should have gotten the name of whoever told her yes.

If I remember right, all she has to do it provide a copy of her ID and use her . gov email address. Actually, I'm pretty sure all she needs is her .gov email address. She shouldn't have to go in anywhere to register. I know a while back before they tightened up the rules some, all you needed with a .gov email address is to just sign up on the SI site with ONLY that .gov email.

https://www.oakleysi.com/Page.cfm?id=9

Quote from that link: "Registration is easy, but it does require us to validate your U.S. Government email address, DD Form 256 or DD Form 214, or U.S. State or U.S. Local Government identification for you membership to be activated."

Who’s Eligible?
U.S. Military and Federal (.mil or .gov email verification)
A copy of a current Law Enforcement ID is needed, not just a .gov address.

How does she protect herself without a firearm in a deadly force situation??? She may have a " safety officer" badge and she may enforce traffic or non criminal related stuff. There are NYPD officers that don't carry firearms and all they do is strictly traffic related stuff. They are NOT law enforcement or have arrest powers.
The NYPD officers that do the traffic are considered real officers if you throw them a beatdown. You get charged with assaulting an officer.
But if they can get their hands on the radio before said beatdown happens then they call the real cops who respond pretty quickly.
Not that I would know that from experience or nothing. :blush:

A copy of a current Law Enforcement ID is needed, not just a .gov address.
Cool. I'm a dispatcher and years ago, all I did was literally just send in a copy of my ID with my department name on it and I was good to go. Then the next time I had to re-register, I faxed in a copy of the same ID and they said no. Said it was police/fire/military/first responders. Then they opened it up to Vet's which is awesome so I signed back up. I know they tightened up the rules some, though.

The NYPD officers that do the traffic are considered real officers if you throw them a beatdown. You get charged with assaulting an officer.
But if they can get their hands on the radio before said beatdown happens then they call the real cops who respond pretty quickly.
Not that I would know that from experience or nothing. :blush:

You are correct, they are real officers, but not law enforcement, and yes they will call others, a whole bunch of others, a big bunch, huge bunch!

O wow just read this. I am definitely stopping by there. called Oakley 1-800 and was told that the discount is the same what employees get. Let's say the item is $200. You take 50% off which is $100. Then you take additional 40% so the item ends up being $60. I asked if there are any restrictions on items like Ferrari he said no but the Ferrari line is new and is definitely sold out.

Back