• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hybrid Bike/Commuter...

del518

I have a few pair.....
Upstate New York
I am looking to buy a new bike this Spring. Mainly looking for a Hybrid/Commuter type bike. Right now I have my sights set on a Cannondale Bad Boy. Does anyone have any experience with this bike? What others should I be looking into?

Personally I hate Cannondale...I find them quite ugly and not special.
dr_fine.jpg

I like KONA personally, some may say they have some outdated dual suspension technology but i have had good experience in their bikes.

What's your price range though?

You have to ride cannondales at a slight angle which can be a bit weird if you are not used to it, they are just not perfectly balanced like a duel fork bike! They are nice bikes, just not what I really like! I ride specialized!!

You have to ride cannondales at a slight angle which can be a bit weird if you are not used to it, they are just not perfectly balanced like a duel fork bike! They are nice bikes, just not what I really like! I ride specialized!!
exactly why i hate cannondale. sounds so counter productive.
Specialized is a safe bet. Trek has some sweet road bikes but I was never into Trek myself.
Yeti has some sweet mtn. bikes.

Yea I like Yeti bikes they are nice I've only risen one twice but they were nice!
I was at a bike shop in walnut creek here, and they had a sweet carbon fiber yeti all mtn bike dual suspension, about $3k or $4k, just looked like a freaking tank. I wish I could afford a sweet trail bike like Yeti.
kept looking at it and touching it haha.

Yea I ride a specialized HT 29er s works and love it, it roles well and carves through the turns!!

I already have a Specialized (older MTN bike). I am looking for more of a Hybrid bike. I am not sold on a single fork as Cannondale also has the Bad Boy in a dual fork as well. If I were to go with a MTN bike....I would defintely go with a Specialized.

c_12_2bf9_bbq1.png

Back