• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hydro Dipped My Fuel Cells - Navy Camo

I got my kit in and so far i have tried to dip about 10 different items, no success on any. Ive tried using more activator, less activator, warmer water, colder water ect. Nothing turns out.

I got my kit in and so far i have tried to dip about 10 different items, no success on any. Ive tried using more activator, less activator, warmer water, colder water ect. Nothing turns out.

Hey man! Sorry haven't been on in a while. Have you gotten the hang of it yet?

Nope , I'm getting the patterns to come out but after I wash my parts the colors are extremely washed out /faded

One thing I do differently is I only let the activator sit on the pattern for about 20 seconds. Dip it then wash it off in cool water and make sure the water isn't coming out with too much pressure. Just hold it under for a while making sure all of that activator is coming off. Keep it under the water and rub your fingers GENTLY over the part until it's no longer slimy. If it's still slimy then the activator will continue to eat through it even after it's dried. With the navy camo pattern you can always re-dip it. It's not transparent so it really doesn't matter what your base coat is.

Back