1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. curlyjive

curlyjive Oakley Beginner

Dose anyone know if Oakley lenses with the factory Hydrophobic coating are treated on both sides of the lens?
    Has anyone tried applying the nanoclear lens pen to the inside of the lens (the side that faces you and gets the most sweat on it)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

When I bought my Infinite Hero Split Jackets the salesman asked me if I wanted the coating applied. I said yes and he did both sides.

3. curlyjive

Ok, and for the factory bonded coating: Is that applied to both sides?

4. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

I'd think that the factory applies it on both sides. Don't take my word for it though. LOL

I apply it on both sides for all of my shades.

5. curlyjive

Would it hurt anything to apply nanoclear to a lens treated with the factory bonded hydrophobic coating?

6. Razerwire

It shouldn't. The only things you shouldn't apply it too are goggle lenses or ones treated with anti-fog according to the website.

7. OBlazer

OBlazer Oakley Enthusiast

when you try applying the nanoclear to a factory treated hydrophobic lens the hydrophobic layer already on the lens goes to work on the treatment you're applying. It beads up rather than applying uniformly, it is good to reapply it regardless though.

8. curlyjive

As long as it can't hurt.

9. OBlazer

OBlazer Oakley Enthusiast

nope, definitely will not hurt anything. the only thing you cant put it on the inside of is goggles (since theyre treated with the antifog)

10. Razerwire

Only the inside? So it can be applied on the outside? I'm asking because I snowboard and I've always wondered if the Nanoclear/Hydrophobic could be applied on the outside of the lens.