• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hydrophobic Coating On Both Sides Of Lenses?

curlyjive

Oakley Beginner
Dose anyone know if Oakley lenses with the factory Hydrophobic coating are treated on both sides of the lens?
Has anyone tried applying the nanoclear lens pen to the inside of the lens (the side that faces you and gets the most sweat on it)

Dose anyone know if Oakley lenses with the factory Hydrophobic coating are treated on both sides of the lens?
Has anyone tried applying the nanoclear lens pen to the inside of the lens (the side that faces you and gets the most sweat on it)
When I bought my Infinite Hero Split Jackets the salesman asked me if I wanted the coating applied. I said yes and he did both sides.

Would it hurt anything to apply nanoclear to a lens treated with the factory bonded hydrophobic coating?

Would it hurt anything to apply nanoclear to a lens treated with the factory bonded hydrophobic coating?

when you try applying the nanoclear to a factory treated hydrophobic lens the hydrophobic layer already on the lens goes to work on the treatment you're applying. It beads up rather than applying uniformly, it is good to reapply it regardless though.

the only thing you cant put it on the inside of is goggles (since theyre treated with the antifog)
Only the inside? So it can be applied on the outside? I'm asking because I snowboard and I've always wondered if the Nanoclear/Hydrophobic could be applied on the outside of the lens.

Latest Posts

Back