• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hydrophobic Not Standard

The SI can be different, they may have left it as part of the SI Flaks since they're more performance oriented rather than concerned about profit when it comes to SI. It might be that someone forgot to take it down.

The M Frame lenses do differ from standard retail lenses. Different nose pieces, different markings, and I do suspect the ballistic lenses are a tad thicker though I haven't gotten to measuring more than a few to check.

The hydrophobic coating wasn't particularly great in my opinion. It made the lens easier to clean fingerprints and smudges, but I didn't notice it shedding water like Rain-X when I work my Flaks in the rain once or twice.

The pen is the small white nub thing that comes with the Hydrophobic pairs. I was told it's good for a few touchups as the protective coating will wipe away in time and need to be reapplied. I'd assume it's just a small amount of the Nanoclear solution in a little sponge pen.

I spoke with a USSI rep today on the phone and at first he said the hydrophobic listing was wrong because he thought Oakley had phased out the hydrophobic feature. But then he said, no it's on there. I told him that I wasn't sure because my sweat makes a huge mess and water seems to leave noticeable spots when dried. He said that if there is an issue with the hydrophobic coating, that I should just send it back because it should be covered by its one year warranty.

These glasses are less than 3 months old. What is the best way to "test" to see if my Flak Jackets have the coating on it?

I spoke with a USSI rep today on the phone and at first he said the hydrophobic listing was wrong because he thought Oakley had phased out the hydrophobic feature. But then he said, no it's on there. I told him that I wasn't sure because my sweat makes a huge mess and water seems to leave noticeable spots when dried. He said that if there is an issue with the hydrophobic coating, that I should just send it back because it should be covered by its one year warranty.

These glasses are less than 3 months old. What is the best way to "test" to see if my Flak Jackets have the coating on it?

Dip them in water, when you pull them out it should have all beaded off, no water should be on the lens.

Now oakley is just messing with us!With no hydrophobic,seems like they are playing with customers.Theyre designers are already out of ideas,and most important,on all of that,they are decreasing quality and increasing prices towards ridiculous.

Hi raven.....I applied the hydrophobic coating with a pen that came with my Split jackets:cool: but it:sad:t did'nt seem 2 work coz whenever i wear my glasses it still get smudges of oil inside the lens...and i did applied the coating on both side of lenses......tell me how u do it correctly???

Latest Posts

Back